The excitement! The buildup! The relatively loose planning because the Gorge is our 4-day Memorial Day weekend home where the heart is for Sasquatch! Music Festival. The rain, the shine, the GoodPops, the endless bands & the Titos! Thanks to Ben & Jerry’s for the cream and JakPrints for letting us live the dream for another year!
Ice Cream Man’s Top 10: “Rough list of favorite bands from Sasquatch. And…. I saw more ‘new’ bands this time than any before:
1. Menomena (best sound of the fest too)
2. akron/family (saw them in Portland a couple nights before too)
3. Fang Island (:
4. Beachwood Sparks (complete bias here)
5. Divine Fits (hope they keep playing)
6. The xx (way bigger/better than since I last saw them)
8. Grimes (yes… even though her vocals were low)
9. Baths (dance tent crowds often suck though)
10. hmmm… last spot goes to Killer Mike (he’d be higher if I was more into live hip hop)”
Now, get sucked into the rest (well, a hearty handful!) of the bands with the perfect photos by our favorite lady in the world, Paige Parsons!
Sasquatch 2013, we miss you. We hardly knew ye- See you next year.